The objective of the Systems and Software Producibility Collaboration Environment (SPRUCE) is to provide a place to collaborate, disseminate, and share information about Government challenges and leading-edge practices to and between the academic, defense-industrial-base, and Government user community. More specifically, SPRUCE:
- Curates, publishes, and promotes practices for selected topics that address key challenges with software-dependent system acquisition and development.
- Provides an open web portal to bring together researchers, developers, practitioners, domain experts and program managers to collaborate on and share recommended practices that solve software intensive systems producibility challenges.
- Emphasizes collaboration around key Government challenges with recommended practices and project-specific artifacts representative of Department of Defense projects.
- Allows users to collaborate on computer science, systems and software engineering producibility challenges and practices.
- Utilizes social networking technology and other internet technologies, such as webinars, to disseminate and share information between the academic, defense-industrial-base, and Government user community.